The spiritual health of America profoundly affects the welfare of the world. In the past, America has helped to proclaim the gospel around the globe. Christian ministries worldwide have depended significantly on the generosity of American Christians. When American departs from its biblical roots, the whole world suffers.
Unfortunately, the trends are not encouraging. In his “American Worldview Inventory 2020” researcher George Barna reports that in the past twenty-five years the number of Americans with a Christian worldview has declined from 12 percent to only 6 percent. In the 18-to-29 age bracket, the current figure is a mere 2 percent!
As a result, false spiritual narratives increasingly permeate our culture. It is probably safe to say that most adults and young adults in the United States would agree with many of the following statements:
- Many different paths lead to God.
- Truth is found within each person, so it can be different for everyone.
- Happiness is the goal of life.
- Promoting the self-esteem of children is of paramount importance.
- Organized religions do more harm than good.
- Sin is an unhealthy, outdated concept.
- Gender is a decision.
- Jesus was an enlightened spiritual leader like Mohammed or Buddha.
In 2 Corinthians 10:5, the Apostle Paul challenges believers to “destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and to take every thought captive to obey Christ.” Creators for Christ exists to help families, church leaders, and Christian educators meet Paul’s challenge. Our mission is to help impart a love of God and a Christian worldview to the next generation.